Speaking to reporters, Mr Perrottet said: ‘Although it will be a tough few weeks in New South Wales, our people and the effort we have made to get out, get the shots, get boosted, has been essential to open up our society, to live alongside the virus.
“It is a difficult time, not only in New South Wales, but around the world, where the efforts of our people have kept New South Wales safe, while keeping New Wales safe. open South and the force of New South Wales. “
The premier said recalls will soon become mandatory for those working in high-risk settings.
“Today’s announcement will ensure that whether it’s our teachers, nurses or frontline disabled health workers… we will move on to boosters. [to be] included as part of a fully vaccinated determination, ”he said.
Regarding the ban on singing and dancing, which runs until January 27, Perrottet added: “This does not include weddings, performances or classes”.
It comes as NSW hit a record 1,738 hospitalizations for COVID-19 – a jump from 1,609 in the previous reporting period.
There are 134 people in intensive care, three more than reported Thursday, NSW Health said Friday.
Meanwhile, the number of cases continues to skyrocket in New South Wales, with the state reporting 38,625 infections and 11 deaths on Friday.
This is 3,631 more than the previous day’s record of 34,994 cases.
Modeling shows a sharp increase in hospitalizations
NSW Health has released research that predicts 6,000 people could be hospitalized with COVID-19 by the end of the month, should the worst-case scenario modeled by health authorities occur.
Considering the general health of the people of NSW, the state’s vaccination rates, and new data on the severity of Omicron infection, three scenarios have been mapped.
The worst of them predicts that 6,000 people could be hospitalized with COVID-19 at the height of the epidemic, expected in the third or last week of January.
Some 600 of them are said to be in intensive care.
The more conservative “most realistic” model predicts that 4,700 beds will be needed for peak COVID-19 patients, including 273 in intensive care.
At best, only 3,158 people will be hospitalized and the number in intensive care will peak at 270.
Victoria registers 21,728 new cases of COVID-19
A hotline and online report has been opened for Victorians who test positive for a rapid COVID-19 antigen test to report their “probable” case.
It is mandatory to report positive RAT results from Friday, a day when the state recorded 21,728 new cases out of 68,202 tests through the PCR lab testing system.
Six more people died and hospitalizations rose again to 644 people. There are 58 active cases in intensive care and 24 under ventilation.
Anyone who receives a positive RAT must self-isolate for seven days and notify their contacts. They will receive the same clinical and financial support as PCR-confirmed cases.
Restrictions were also reintroduced in the state, including one person per two square meters density limits for indoor hospitality and entertainment venues.
Infections grow in Queensland, Tasmania, ACT
Queensland recorded 10,953 new infections and zero deaths on Friday – a jump of 621 cases from the previous day.
There are 313 people hospitalized, 29 more patients than Thursday.
Fourteen people are in intensive care, one more than the previous 24 hours, with three patients on ventilators.
The boom in cases comes as Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has said there will be no return to primary school at the height of the Omicron wave.
“We are studying the possibility of delaying the return to school,” she told reporters on Friday.
Ms Palaszczuk also said the Queensland government has set up a hotline to collect positive data on rapid antigen testing.
Meanwhile, Tasmania recorded a four-digit daily coronavirus case figure for the first time, with the island state reporting 1,489 new infections.
The number, almost double the 751 cases reported Thursday, brings the number of active infections to 4,681.
Three cases are being treated in hospital specifically for symptoms of COVID-19, while five other people are hospitalized for unrelated conditions.
The Northern Territory has recorded 412 new cases of COVID-19, including 70 of community transmission.
There are currently 19 people in hospital and two in intensive care.
NT Minister of Health Natasha Fyles said the virus had reached all parts of the territory.
“We have 1,200 active cases of COVID-19 in the Northern Territory,” she said.
“It’s fair to say that we have COVID in every region of the Northern Territory and so people when they leave their homes, or have visitors in their homes, they need to be prepared that they are at risk of coronavirus. . “
And in ACT, the number of cases has exceeded 1,000 for the first time since the start of the pandemic.
The increase in the number of cases also coincides with an increase in the number of hospitalizations due to the virus, which now stands at 24.
Critical care patients have also increased over the past day to three, all on ventilators.
ACT health officials said there were 3,347 negative tests recorded at government PCR testing clinics within 24 hours to 9 a.m. on Friday.
With additional reports by the AAP