The Queen Bans Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and Prince Andrew From Buckingham Palace’s Platinum Jubilee Celebrations

It was due to be a huge royal gathering in just a few weeks, but now the Queen has banned Meghan, Harry and Andrew from her jubilee celebrations.

The Queen has banned Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and Prince Andrew from the Buckingham Palace balcony at their Platinum Jubilee celebrations, it has been revealed.

The trio were expected to join Her Majesty for the traditional Royal Air Force Trooping the Color flight, but “after careful consideration” they will now be publicly excluded, it reported. Sun.

Supposedly, only working members of the Royal Family will greet crowds at The Mall outside the venue in central London as the monarch celebrates 70 years on the throne. However, at least one family member with no royal duties will attend.

The 96-year-old will be joined by Charles and Camilla, William and Kate, and their children George, Charlotte and Louis.

There will also be Anne and her husband Sir Timothy Laurence, Edward and Sophie, and their children Lady Louise Windsor and James Viscount Severn.

A Palace spokesman said: “After careful consideration, the Queen has decided that this year’s traditional Trooping the Color balcony appearance on Thursday 2 June will be limited to Her Majesty and members of the Royal Family who currently They are performing official public functions on behalf of the Queen.”

The symbolic move is likely to be interpreted as a snub to Harry and Meghan, who left the monarchy to start a new life in the United States two years ago, and to Andrew, who was expelled from the institution for his civil sexual assault case.

The Sussexes, who no longer serve the royals after Megxit, were invited last month to join the festivities, although they never confirmed their attendance.

There were fears that they could “hijack or overshadow” the long weekend events, which run from June 2-5.

Sources suggested the couple could bring their 10-month-old daughter Lilibet to meet her great-grandmother for the first time alongside their son, Archie, who turns three today.

Palace planners were said to be frantically trying to decide where the California-based couple should be located for the balcony alignment.

But today they announced that they were being pushed out altogether, along with Andrew, who was stripped of his York title last month.

The under fire Royal was given the freedom of the city of York in a lavish ceremony in 1987, shortly after his marriage to Sarah Ferguson.

But on April 27, the city council voted to remove his status as an Honorary Freeman in a special meeting.

He is the first VIP to be stripped of his freedom since Jimmy Savile posthumously lost his freedom from Scarborough in 2011 after revelations about his disgusting crimes came to light after his death.

On June 2, Trooping the Colour, the Sovereign’s official birthday parade, will kick off the four days of Jubilee festivities.

Eighteen members of the Royal Family will gather on the famous façade, with the monarch “waiting” for the weekend of celebrations.

The head of state made an exception for Anne’s husband, Vice Admiral Sir Tim, who is not a royal, and their two youngest grandchildren, Lady Louise and James, and their Cambridge great-grandchildren George, Charlotte and Louis.

The Palace spokesman added: “In addition, children from Cambridge and Wessex are also expected to appear, as is Sir Tim Laurence, whom the Queen is happy to attend as a frequent attendant and supporter of the Princess Royal on official engagements.” .

Andrew resigned from his public duties in 2019 and just weeks ago paid £12 million ($21 million Australian) out of court to settle a civil sexual assault case.

All claims against him were repeatedly denied.

Andrew was stripped of his honorary military titles and forced to stop wearing his HRH style, but he played a key role in March when he accompanied his mother to the Duke of Edinburgh’s service of thanksgiving.

Harry and Meghan have stepped down as senior royals amid the Megxit saga, but there has been speculation they may return to the UK to attend the Jubilee celebrations.

Andrew and the Sussexes could still appear during other parts of the weekend.

A source said, “Other family members will be invited to the events.

“We have always made it clear and it is likely that they will be public events.”

This story first appeared in The Sun and is reproduced with permission.

Originally published as Megan, Harry and Andrew excluded from Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations

Leave a Comment