Ronaldo confirms his return to Manchester United

The soccer superstar will put on his boots against Rayo Vallecano

Cristiano Ronaldo has announced that he will return to action with Manchester United by taking part in their upcoming La Liga friendly against Rayo Vallecano at home on Sunday.

The Portuguese veteran has been trying to get away from Old Trafford in search of Champions League football that his current club cannot offer him, missing a recent pre-season tour of Thailand and Australia for family reasons.

Ronaldo has also been left out of new manager Erik ten Hag’s squad which will play one of his potential suitors at Atletico Madrid in the Norwegian capital Oslo on Saturday.

On Instagram, however, when re-commenting on a fan page post about his loss of the Atleti game, he replied in Portuguese: “Domingo o rei joga”, which can be translated as “On Sunday the king plays”.

United have also confirmed that players not in the 21-man squad to face Diego Simeone’s “will take part in Sunday’s game against Rayo Vallecano, while others are ill or injured.”

Ronaldo’s response on Instagram is the third in recent days after appearing elsewhere on the social network where he has 471 million followers.

Earlier this week, another fan account posted how his agent Jorge Mendes allegedly “told Manchester United that Cristiano Ronaldo is determined to leave, but Mendes left less than positive negotiations that Ronaldo would get his move.”

“Sir Alex Ferguson has intervened. United insist that Ronaldo is not for sale,” he added.

Appearing in the answers section, Ronaldo commented: “[It’s] impossible not to talk about me [for] One day. Otherwise, the press doesn’t make any money.”

“You know that if you don’t lie you can’t get people’s attention,” he also said.

Later the same day, Ronaldo learned of a post that shared a photo of Atletico Madrid fans holding a banner in their 4-0 friendly win against Numancia that read “CR7 is not welcome” and responded with a quartet of tears emoji

Other clubs that have reportedly turned down the 37-year-old include Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain.

And while a report in The Sun claimed that Ronaldo has told United he has an offer from a team that wants him, meaning the Mancunians should say their asking price, appearing against Rayo is the latest indication that Ronaldo could stay. to honor the remainder of his two-year contract signed when he joined from Juventus last summer.

Although the transfer window does not close until September 1, Manchester United kick off their Premier League campaign next Saturday at home to Brighton.

(RT.com)

Leave a Comment