Queens home fire leaves two injured

CORONA, Queens (WABC) – Two people were injured in a fire inside a home in Queens on Friday morning.

Flames broke out at a single-family home on 109th Street in Corona around 9:30 a.m.

First responders determined the fire was located on the second floor of the home and was out before 10 a.m.

Two civilian patients were transported to hospital in unknown conditions.

It’s unclear what started the fire, but authorities say lithium batteries were found at the scene.

HazMat units were called in to collect the batteries.

The investigation is still ongoing.

READ ALSO | Man Confesses to Queens Murder, Called Victim a ‘Witch’ Who Cursed Him: NYPD

EMBED >More news videos

Giuseppe Canzani, accused of a fatal shooting in Queens, allegedly said victim Anna Torres was a “witch” who had cursed him to death. Naveen Dhaliwal has more.

———-
* More news from Queens
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app to receive breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube

Report a correction or typo

Copyright © 2022 WABC-TV. All rights reserved.

Leave a Comment