After a successful 2021 event, the next edition of Digital Retail Africa will take place online on January 26, 2022.
JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA – Media OutReach – January 12, 2022 – With the global pandemic acting as an accelerator, digital transformation in retail verticals has gained new momentum, with rapid adoption of digital technology in the sector.
According to a 2021 research report published by PWC, those affected by the pandemic are causing “historic and dramatic change in consumer behavior.” The consulting firm reports a strong shift towards online shopping, as people were first confined by lockdowns, and then many continued to work from home.
Another important finding from the report is that consumers are unlikely to revert to their old ways of shopping once the pandemic is over.
Online sales in South Africa grew 66% in 2020 to over $ 1.8 billion (ZAR 30 billion). This means retailers have no choice but to reinvent store functionality and harness digital tools to stay relevant to the “normal new customer”.
Under the theme “Developing sustainability and competitiveness in the post-pandemic retail landscape“, Digital Retail Africa 2022 will bring together hundreds of retail leaders to discuss emerging industry trends.
Confirmed attendees at this year’s event include senior executives from Superbalist, GSK, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Dis-Chem Pharmacies, Massmart, BMW Group, Leroy Merlin and Konga Nigeria, among others.
Key topics to discuss at # DRA2022:
- Reinventing the future of retail
- Unboxing Next-Level Ecommerce: People, Data, and Technology
- Leveraging Technology and Automation to Unlock Retail Growth
- Overcome Retail Security Challenges with the Cloud
- Contactless Retail Solutions: Reshaping the In-Store Experience
- The impact of Buy-Now-Pay-Later platforms on the retail industry
- Using technology to improve the efficiency of retail logistics
- How cloud computing is transforming the retail industry
To register, speak or sponsor # DRA2022, visit www.digitalretailafrica.co.za